Access to biospecimens is based on availability, scientific merit of the proposal and approval by the NCTN CCSC. To generate a full proposal, the NCTN-CCSC Proposal Submission Form [DOC | 200 KB] must be completed and submitted to the NCTN Group contact(s).
A well-defined and compelling hypothesis, testing protocol, and statistical plan, along with a description of the type and number of biospecimens required for the project must be clearly described by the applicant. The application must include:
- preliminary data;
- evidence of clinical utility;
- clear standards for biospecimen preparation;
- assay performance and assay interpretation;
- statistical power calculations;
- suggested description of potential cost-sharing approaches that can be developed with entities that would eventually commercialize the assay/test/marker, if applicable; and
- description of quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) methods, if applicable.
For more information about what the application should include, please refer to: NCTN-CCSC Proposal Submission Form [DOC | 200 KB]